Monday, May 19, 2014

Catching up

Lunch wasn't quite as bad as I'd feared. I had a grilled fish entree with steamed veggies and garlic bread. It came with a soup and salad bar so I got a bowl of chicken noodle soup (boo) and a plate of salad -lettuce, carrots, tomatoes, shredded cheddar, eggs, beets- with Italian dressing and a garlic breadstick. Also ate a roll with the various table jellies because strawberry jelly and marmalade are awesome.

Figuring the day was shot after that,  I stopped in Flatonia, Texas for a Dr. Pepper made with real cane sugar. There is a little truck stop at exit 661 on I-10 that is the only place I have ever seen it. And since you might as well get hanged for a sheep as a lamb, I went to the McDonald's there and got a bacon cheddar McChicken and bacon McDouble sandwich with a couple of apple pies.

Take that, pancreas!

No comments:

Post a Comment