Tuesday, February 18, 2014

On not letting perfect be the enemy of the good

So during my shift today I chewed my way through two packs of sugarfree gum. Not very paleo, and possibly agitating to blood sugar levels, but tastier than the inside of my cheek. For dinner I enjoyed the following:

1.5oz Sweet Southern Heat pork rinds
1/2 cup turnip greens doused with a couple tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup sauerkraut-Bubbie's semi-pasteurized, wonderfully crunchy

Call it another 400 calories including the gum, and no real hunger today. I'd like to work more vegetables in going forward, but being on the road means a lot of them have to be canned, which means getting BPA. Right now I'm focusing on macronutrients, calories, and portion size, and when I feel like I have that under control, I'll start looking for a better source of veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment